Staff Applications 2021-2022 are open!
EARTHWORDS: THE UNDERGRADUATE LITERARY REVIEW is proud to announce the opening of applications to join our editorial board for the 2021-22 school year!
EARTHWORDS is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill several positions on our editorial board for the 2021-2022 school year. Established in 1980, EARTHWORDS showcases and structures a community around the best undergraduate literary and artistic talent at the University of Iowa, and provides students with the experience of producing a literary magazine in real-time. While EARTHWORDS’ board, style, and length change every year, its dedication to promoting the creative works of the University of Iowa’s undergraduate body remains a constant in every issue.
Positions opening next year include:
- Genre Editors in Art & Photography, Drama, Fiction, Nonfiction, and Poetry, who are in charge of soliciting, reading, and selecting work for publication
- PR Coordinators, who write copy for press releases, collaborate with the designer, promote and assist with the website, strategize how to boost our presence on campus, and manage advertising and social media
- Social Media Director, who is in charge of creating all social media graphics/content across our channels and works closely with PR
- Event Coordinator/Treasurer, who is in charge of securing venues and equipment for events, as well as applying for and managing funding
- Assistant Web Editor, who assists the web editor with website design and content
All staff members will help plan and advertise events, network with other student orgs on campus, and learn how to carry a publication from the submissions process all the way through to the release party.
The deadline for applications is SUNDAY, APRIL 11th